NAACP Economic Dept Announces Economic Education and Advocacy Micro-grant Opportunity
Posted on June 04, 2012
The Tides Foundation, in conjunction with the NAACP Economic Department has released a Request for Proposals (RFP). This RFP presents micro-grant opportunities for any and all compliant units within the NAACP network that are interested in engaging in economic education and advocacy work in the communities they serve. Selected units must be able to meet specific performance measures which are directly connected to the National Economic Department’s vision and 2012-2013 objectives.
The 2012-2013 program year for grant related activities will begin on August 24, 2012 and will conclude on April 30, 2013. Within that year, all successful grantees will be required to do the following:
1. Complete a Memorandum of Understanding (MOU) before the start of the program;
2. Submit two financial statements during the program term (template will be provided);
3. Attend the 2nd Annual Train the Trainer session in Washington, DC the weekend of
August 24-26, 2012 (Mandatory);
4. Participate in online training webinars conducted by NAACP national economics staff;
5. Submit two program reports to the Economic Department;
6. Submit reports two-weeks after each Economic Education Session;
7. Participate on Conference Calls;
8. Share success stories with fellow micro-grantees.
Standing as the cornerstone of the Financial Freedom Campaign, this micro grant RFP seeks to fund 8 State Conferences, 16 Adult Units, and 12 Youth and College Units. Interested units must be in compliance and good standing with the national office of the NAACP; willing to participate in the program for the duration of the year; and must engage members and non members in the community with the Financial Freedom Campaign. Prospective units should also follow the steps below in order to begin the micro-grant process.
1. The Unit President or the person who will oversee the program must join one of two
conference calls for technical assistance (the same information will be given on both calls, you only need to call once):
June 5 at 8:00 pm EST; dial in number: 605-475-4700 Passcode: 4198202
June 7 at 8:00 pm EST; dial in number: 605-475-4700 Passcode: 4198202
2. The Unit must complete an application form entitled: NAACP Collective Action Fund at
the Tides Foundation Proposal For Funding For The Financial Freedom Campaign.
3. A 2-3 page summary of the unit’s proposed program must be submitted.
For more information, please refer to the official RFP document by clicking here. Feel free to contact Mjiba Frehiwot, MSW, PhD the Director of Economic Education at 202-478-6407 or email@example.com for further assistance.