Youth & College Division 10th Annual NAACP College Chapter “Move-In-Movement”
Posted on August 16, 2011
WE INVITE YOUR COLLEGE CHAPTER TO JOIN IN THIS EXCITING
2011 BACK-TO-SCHOOL INITIATIVE!
HOW IT WORKS: During your college or universities’ fall semester move-in days, your chapter will form a “Welcome Team” of at least five chapter members to provide information about your chapter to encourage membership in the NAACP and to register voters. The “Move-In Movement” should be visible in high traffic areas around the campus, dormitories, cafeterias, the library, and any other highly populated area where students are available. Activities should occur during as many move-in days as possible.
MATERIALS: The NAACP Youth & College Division and Membership Department will provide each chapter that commits to the “Move-In Movement” with NAACP paraphernalia, pledge sheets, and membership applications, etc.
** Only units that complete and return the Commitment Form at least ten (10) days prior to their move-in days will be provided with materials.
READY TO SIGN UP?
[Download form here]
Fax or email the attached Commitment Form to the following. Do not mail!!
Attn: William Syms - email@example.com (410) 358-9786 fax
- Make appropriate arrangements with necessary campus officials to reserve campus space
- Welcome people to campus wearing NAACP paraphernalia
- Set up an inviting table during move-in day(s)
- If possible, provide cold water or drinks to those moving in at NO cost
- Ask people to join the NAACP and highlight the Youth & College Division
- Ask people if they are registered voters…if they aren’t REGISTER them
- Provide information about your upcoming chapter meetings and activities
- Send a link to your pictures and videos to the National Office for inclusion on the NAACP website
- Make sure you include info about your day on your Facebook pages and Twitter accounts!
When You Finish: Remember to send the NAACP National Office a report detailing your activities, how many people you registered to vote and all of your new membership forms