Administrative Assistant, Hollywood Bureau
Vacancy Announcement – October 5, 2012
Position Location: Hollywood, CA
Duration: 12 weeks approximately 37.5 hours per week
Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization. Its members throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, conducting voter mobilization and monitoring equal opportunity in the public and private sectors.
We are seeking a highly experienced Administrative Assistant to assist with the front office and administrative duties for a period of twelve weeks.
Summary of Duties:
The Administrative Assistant’s duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Answer very busy phones and screen all calls for Hollywood Bureau staff and Image Awards coordinators.
- Learn and respond, with discretion, to inquiries related to the Image Awards such as: date and place of show and events, ticket sales, screening locations
- Order and control USPS pickups for thousands of pieces of product
- Place online shipping orders
- Log in all deliveries such as mail, CD's, DVD's, equipment
- Research media related subjects
- Research backup during submissions
- Make preparations for meetings.
- Help prep for out of office affairs such as special screenings and events
- Maintain an adequate office supply inventory by monitoring usage and placing the orders
- Coordinate the repair and maintenance of all office equipment.
- Make sure shared areas are organized such as the mail room, the kitchen, the file room.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following professional qualifications, competencies and personal qualities:
- 2 years of administrative support experience, and knowledge of office procedures.
- Track record of managing multiple projects and events within given timelines.
- Strong administrative, communications and organization skills.
- Strong attention to detail and significant ability to multitask
- Exemplary time management skills. Ability to work under pressure of time and urgent deadlines.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan and monitor administrative portfolio
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual initiative.
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Expertise in the Microsoft Office Suite, Word and Excel in particular.
- Working knowledge of FilmMaker Pro software is a plus.
- Experience in using basic office equipment.
It is the continuing policy of the NAACP to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. The NAACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Resume, cover letter, and salary requirements should be sent to NAACP:
Email: email@example.com (preferred method)
Mail: NAACP – Human Resources, 4805 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215
Fax: (410) 580-5735