Administrative Coordinator - Operations
Position Location: Baltimore, MD
Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization. Its members throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, conducting voter mobilization and monitoring equal opportunity in the public and private sectors.
Summary of Duties:
The Administrative Coordinator will report to the Special Assistant for the Chief Operating Officer & Chief of Staff. Job responsibilities will include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare internal request forms for Operations and IT, including but not limited to, travel requests, expense reports, check requests, purchase requisitions and car rentals.
- Maintain an up-to-date filing system for internal operations request forms and contracts.
- Maintain excel spreadsheets for various projects as assigned.
- Ensure Chief Operating Officer’s approval on internal operations requests in Special Assistant’s absence.
- Answer Chief Operating Officer’s phones and record messages in Special Assistant’s absence.
- Other duties as assigned by the Chief Operating Officer & Chief of Staff and/or Special Assistant to the Chief Operating Officer & Chief of Staff.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following professional qualifications, competencies and personal qualities:
- Some college coursework or equivalent experience preferred.
- Minimally 3-5 years of administrative support experience, and knowledge of office procedures.
- Minimally 3-5 years strong project coordination background with track record of managing multiple projects and events within given timelines.
- Maintain high level of confidentiality and professionalism.
- Strong administrative, organizational and communications skills, both written and verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong time management skills with ability to work under time pressure and urgent deadlines.
- Flexibility to change focus of projects, as needed.
- Ability to multi-task with strong follow-up skills.
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual initiative and strategic approach to tasks.
- Flexibility to work beyond regular core business hours as needed.
- Ability to travel upon request.
It is the continuing policy of the NAACP to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. The NAACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Resume, cover letter, and salary requirements should be sent to NAACP:
Email: email@example.com (preferred method)
Mail: NAACP – Human Resources, 4805 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215
Fax: (410) 580-5735