Help Desk Specialist
Vacancy Announcement – December 6, 2012
Position Location: Baltimore, MD
Reports to: Director, Information Technology
Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization. Its members throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, conducting voter mobilization and monitoring equal opportunity in the public and private sectors.
The Help Desk Specialist will be responsible for supporting both local & remote staff with the installation, set-up, troubleshooting and maintenance of software and hardware.
Under the supervision of the Director of Information Technology, the duties and responsibilities of the Help Desk Technology Coordinator, include but are not limited to:
- Assist staff in person and via phone on all company supported software applications
- Troubleshoot workstations/laptops, printers, peripherals & phones
- Serve as liaison between staff & technology department for end user issues
- Assist with training staff on the correct usage of personal computers, hardware, software and peripherals
- Provide support during the National Convention and any regional events/conferences as needed
- Maintain inventory of all computer equipment
- Provide support as needed for the System Administrators
- Research & document resolutions for issues worked on by the Help Desk
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Director of Information Technology
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following professional qualifications, competencies and personal qualities:
- Minimum of 2-3 years relevant experience; related degree is preferred and technology certifications are a plus
- Experience required in computer setup and repair, software installation and maintenance, and troubleshooting end user issues
- Applicants should have problem-solving skills with the ability to visualize a problem and think abstractly to solve it, and the capacity to multi-task effectively
- Applicants should have solid knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7, and the Microsoft Office suite; experience with Apple products such as Macbooks and iPads is a plus
- Candidate must be able to maintain confidentiality of proprietary data
- Ability to lift objects up to 30 pounds
The above describes the essential job duties and responsibilities. It is not a complete listing of job duties and responsibilities may change as the department’s needs evolve. Incumbent may be required to perform additional tasks related to these duties.
It is the continuing policy of the NAACP to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. The NAACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Resume, cover letter, and salary requirements should be sent to NAACP:
Email: email@example.com (preferred method)
Mail: NAACP – Human Resources, 4805 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215
Fax: (410) 580-5735