JOB POSTING: Director of Information Technology
Vacancy Announcement – May 9, 2012
Position Location: Headquarters - Baltimore, MD
Reports to: Chief Operating Officer & Chief of Staff
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization. Its members throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, conducting voter mobilization and monitoring equal opportunity in the public and private sectors.
We are seeking a highly experienced Director of Information Technology. The Director of Information Technology will be responsible for the overall coordination and management of information systems at the National Office. Additional responsibilities include assisting the President and Senior Management team in that role and to ensure the overall confidentiality, integrity, and availability of all National and Regional Offices data and technology based systems and to oversee installation, set-up and maintenance of all hardware and software.
Summary of Duties:
Reporting into the Chief Operating Officer and Chief of Staff, the Director of Information Technology’s principal functions include:
- Coordinate the design and implementation of all technology systems to meet strategic planning goals
- Manage the security and integrity of all information systems at the National and Regional offices
- Effect the overall automation and computerization of the National Office, working closely with Senior Management
- Direct IT department staff in the design, implementation, and ongoing management of IT solutions for the NAACP
- Maintain web presence and all database systems utilized at the National Office and Regional offices.
- Maintain reliable inventory of hardware and software systems and ensure that compliance is maintained for all licensing agreements in effect at the National Office
- Oversee and supervise information systems and system setup at the National Convention and Regional Conferences
- Oversee coordination of mailing lists for Crisis magazine
- Facilitate training on the correct usage of personal computers and information systems as necessary
- Perform any other duties as assigned by Senior Management
- Maintains extreme confidentiality and discretion at all times
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following professional qualifications, competencies and personal qualities:
- Undergraduate degree in Computer Science or Information Management Systems
- At least five years experience directing large scale enterprise with focus on strategic planning and information management
- Extensive knowledge in the design and management of wide and local area networking, converged technologies, security and contingency planning, system design in both client-server and web-based environments, database management systems and operating systems support
- Experience must include LAN topologies, VOIP telephone systems, as well as Linux and Windows operating systems
- Experience managing external service level agreement is a plus
- Ability to work under pressure of time and urgent deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work independently while managing multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage staff members
- Ability and willingness to work non-standard work hours, including evenings, weekends, and holidays
- Ability to travel, as necessary.
It is the continuing policy of the NAACP to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. The NAACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Resume, cover letter, and salary requirements should be sent to NAACP:
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org (preferred method)
Mail: NAACP – Human Resources, 4805 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215
Fax: (410) 580-5735