Job Posting: Fair Lending & Inclusion Campaign Specialist
Fair Lending & Inclusion Campaign Specialist
Vacancy Announcement – May 21, 2012
Position Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Director, Fair Lending
Job Classification: Non-Union
Job Level: 3
FLSA Status: Exempt
Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization. Its members throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, conducting voter mobilization and monitoring equal opportunity in the public and private sectors.
We are seeking a dynamic and experienced professional to support the objectives of the national NAACP economic programs department.
Summary of Duties:
The Fair Lending and Inclusion Campaign Specialist works under the direct supervision of the Director of Fair Lending of the NAACP Economic Department. The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
- Coordinate and support NAACP Economic Department campaigns at the state conference level.
- Assist the Director of Fair Lending in advancing campaigns around such issues as pay day lending, mortgage lending, and predatory or discriminatory lending.
- Assist the NAACP Economic Department in building capacity of state conferences to monitor and advocate around state budgeting.
- Develop activities, tools and programs around fair lending that incorporate a racial economic inequality analysis.
- Perform other related duties as assigned by the Director of Fair Lending, Sr. Director of the Economic Department, EVP/CPO, or President and CEO.
The ideal candidate for this position will possess many, if not all, of the following professional qualifications, competencies and personal qualities:
- Some college coursework or equivalent experience, master’s degree preferred.
- At least five (5) years of research and analysis experience, preferably in the area of public policy, racial inequality, and economic justice.
- Experience working large, complex organizing campaigns.
- Experience in setting and achieving measurable targets, working as part of a team, and coordinating between multiple stakeholders.
- Experience within the field structure of the NAACP is desirable.
- Ability to handle multiple priority projects and meet established timelines and reporting requirements.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to execute strategic goals, work effectively with state and local leaders and carry out required objectives.
- Excellent analytical, presentation and leadership skills.
- Ability to travel and work non-standard hours, as necessary.
It is the continuing policy of the NAACP to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. The NAACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements should be sent to NAACP:
Email: email@example.com (preferred method)
Mail: NAACP – Human Resources, 4805 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215
Fax: (410) 580-5735
Please note that this position is grant-funded and employment is contingent upon the continuation of such funds.