Job Posting: NAACPConnect Project Specialist
NAACPConnect Project Specialist
Vacancy Announcement – May 14, 2012
Position Location: Washington, DC
Reports to: Manager, NAACPConnect
FLSA Status: Exempt
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for equal rights, seeks a highly experienced NAACPConnect Project Specialist to help connect Youth & College and ACT-SO leaders and establish an alumni network targeted toward helping participants achieve their educational and career goals.
NAACPConnect is an ambitious campaign to connect current Youth and College leaders and ACT-SO participants, establish mentoring relationships between current and former leaders, create online skills trainings for young people, and develop a robust alumni network of former youth leaders targeted toward career advancement. This in-house position will help the NAACPConnect Project Manager achieve these goals.
Summary of Duties:
Reporting to the NAACPConnect Project Manager, this position will manage and implement the following responsibilities:
- Maintain the NAACPConnect's Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr and other social networking platforms to create an innovative community for current Youth & College leaders to share strategies, event information, questions etc. to inspire and inform their colleagues to improve their advocacy and promote their successes.
- Work with Project Manager to research and identify former Youth & College leaders and ACT-SO alumni to recruit to participate in live video chats and record video profiles. Identify leaders among alumni to mentor current Youth & College members and ACT-SO participants.
- Work with current Youth & College leaders and ACT-SO participants to develop quality content (blog post, photos, video, etc.) to share on NAACPConnect.
- Assist Project Manager in organizing online mentoring interactions between successful alumni and current Y&C leaders and ACT-SO participants.
- Implement regular promotions and contests to grow the network, establishing monthly targets.
- Maintain an active directory of partner blogs.
- Work with Project Manager and NAACP Social Media Manager to monitor and respond to comments on NAACPConnect and NAACP blogs and Facebook communities.
- Provide administrative support for the Communications & New Media Department, as directed by the Project Manager and New Media Director.
- Minimum 2 years experience working in a community organizing role with wide exposure and responsibility for social media technologies and communities.
- Bachelor’s degree in related field, or equivalent experience.
- Excellent communication and writing skills for issue/advocacy organizations
- A working understanding of Web 2.0 next-generation technologies and all related social media channels and strategies.
- Knowledge of and experience with social media (blogs, vlogs, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, SEO, online and viral video development, etc.).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
It is the continuing policy of the NAACP to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. The NAACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements should be sent to NAACP:
Email: email@example.com (preferred method)
Mail: NAACP – Human Resources, 4805 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215
Fax: (410) 580-5735
Please note that this position is grant-funded and employment is contingent
upon the continuation of such funds.