JOB POSTING: VICE PRESIDENT, HUMAN RESOURCES
TO APPLY: A current resume and cover letter should be sent to NAACP at: Mail: NAACP - Human Resources
Posting Date: July 28, 2010FLSA Status: Exempt
Salary: Commensurate with experience
Location: NAACP National Headquarters Office, Baltimore, MD
TO APPLY: A current resume and cover letter should be sent to NAACP at:
Mail: NAACP - Human Resources
4805 Mt. Hope Drive
Baltimore, MD 21215
Fax: (410) 580-5735
The NAACP does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, color, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender expression, age, height, weight, physical or mental ability, veteran status, military obligations, or marital status.
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization for equal rights, seeks a highly experienced Vice President, Human Resources. The Vice President, Human Resources is a key strategic leader who will create and implement a comprehensive and diverse people strategy that supports the Association's mission and vision, and is in accordance with ethics and regulatory compliance. He/she supports the leadership team in managing the complexity of opportunities and challenges while achieving the overall business objectives. The candidate hired will bring creativity, collaboration and exceptional team leadership and relationship building skills to this critical role.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
The Vice President Human Resources is a key strategic position that requires a hands-on approach and is a critical member of the executive team. The position reports directly to the Chief Operating Officer/Chief of Staff.
The Vice President, Human Resources will provide overall planning, direction and guidance to the development and implementation of the human resources strategy, organization, policies, guidelines and procedures that will support the core functions of the business and our growth opportunities. Determines and recommends employee relations practices necessary to establish a positive employer-employee relationship and promote a high level of employee morale.
The major areas covered are:
- Organizational design and development
- Employee relations
- Compensation, rewards and benefits management
- Performance Management
- Talent Management (recruiting, staffing, on- and off-boarding, etc.)
- Business transformation and change management
- Collective Bargaining Agreements
- Learning Management
Broad range of responsibilities include:
- Identifies legal requirements and government reporting regulations affecting Human Resources function (e.g., EEO). Monitors exposure of the company. Directs the preparation of information requested or required for compliance. Approves all information submitted. Acts as primary contact with labor counsel and outside government agencies.
- Protects interests of employees and the company in accordance with company Human Resources policies and governmental laws and regulations.
- Directs a process of organizational planning that evaluates structure, job design, and manpower forecasting throughout the company.
- Directs a process of organizational and employee development that addresses succession planning; leadership skills; and ongoing employee development.
- Provides necessary education and materials to management and employees-workshops, manuals, employee handbooks, standardized reports, etc.
- Implements wage and salary structure, pay policies, performance appraisal programs, and employee benefit programs and services. Monitors for effectiveness and cost containments.
- Manages recruiting and placement practices and procedures.
- Manages collective bargaining negotiations
- Defines all Human Resources programs, and authority/responsibility of Human Resources and management within those programs. Supervises HR staff.
- Minimum ten (10) years' experience gained through increasingly responsible management positions within Human Resources.
- Generalist background with broad knowledge of employment, compensation, organizational planning, employee relations, and training and development.
- BS/BA in relevant degree
- SPHR preferred
- Previous experience with non-profit organizations a plus
- Well-developed administrative skills.
- Strong management skills-principles and people.
- Top notch HR expert;
- Ability to develop and manage HR and Recruiting specific strategies and implement best practices.
- Excellent team leader, coach, mentor and motivator.