Social Media & Online Specialist
Position Location: Washington, DC
The National Association for the Advancement of Colored People (NAACP), a 501(c)3 nonprofit organization for equal rights, seeks a highly experienced Social Media & Online Specialist to design and implement social media strategies to support ongoing campaigns and strengthen relations with NAACP supporters. This in-house social networking expert will enhance the Association’s campaigns, cultivate NAACP membership, and train local units in social networking and online strategies.
SUMMARY OF DUTIES
Reporting to the Director, Digital Media--this position will manage and implement the following responsibilities:
- Add new strategic content to each Facebook, Twitter and Instagram accounts as well as other relevant social media platforms multiple times each week (with links, photos, polls and video), and actively engage with Twitter followers each day to promote NAACP work and network with key allies, including live updates from the Convention and other special events.
- Develop a rapid response network over social media to repost key content and respond to issues of interest to the Association.
- Work with Director to tailor a social media and other online strategies for key NAACP campaigns. Develop creative tactics, including widgets and contests, to engage supporters on priority issues.
- Create and implement monthly promotions and contests to grow our lists of friends and followers, establishing monthly targets.
- Develop fundraising capacity using tools like Facebook Causes, and set up periodic promotions to encourage giving.
- Speak and present at key social networking conferences, and train local units to utilize new technologies to enhance their message.
- Generate weekly reports on new media posts, growth rates, and responses. Analyze and make recommendations for improving our efficiency.
- Provide support for other initiatives of the Digital Media Department, as directed by the Director.
- Familiarity with standard social media best practices
- 2 – 5 years experience working in an advocacy/communications and/or digital media role with exposure and responsibility for social media platforms and communities.
- Excellent communication and writing skills for issue/advocacy organizations
- Individual will have a working understanding of digital media as a whole.
- Knowledge of and experience with social media (Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, SEO, tagging, and posting, etc.).
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a deadline-centric, ambiguous and interrupt-driven environment.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail are essential, as are creativity and a tendency to think outside the box.
- Experience in working with and/or managing outside vendors, such as technology or marketing agencies, would be an added advantage.
- Candidate should be familiar with content management systems, HTML, xHTML and CSS.
- Candidates with video editing and/or graphic design experience will be strongly considered.
It is the continuing policy of the NAACP to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. The NAACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Resume, cover letter, writing sample, and salary requirements should be sent to NAACP:
Email: email@example.com (preferred method)
Mail: NAACP – Human Resources, 4805 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215
Fax: (410) 580-5735