Temporary ACT-SO Assistant
Vacancy Announcement – February 24, 2014
Position Location: Baltimore, MD
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Duration: Approximately 22 weeks
Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization. Its members throughout the United States and the world are the premier advocates for civil rights in their communities, conducting voter mobilization and monitoring equal opportunity in the public and private sectors.
Summary of Duties:
Under the direct supervision of the Director of ACT-SO, the Assistant will perform the following duties:
- Assist national staff with the execution of ACT-SO National Competition tasks as delineated in the ACT-SO Annual Work-plan including but not limited to: Registration process alignment; National Competition housing , volunteer and judges project timeline design and implementation; research and web data analysis.
- Coordinate communications with ACT-SO local field representatives.
- Manage the creation and maintenance of Excel tracking reports
- Coordinate packing and shipping of ACT-SO National Competition materials and supplies
- Provide additional support as needed
- Expert knowledge of Windows software with extensive, in depth computer skills and high level proficiency with database management and Microsoft Office (including Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point )
- Demonstrate a high degree of individual initiative and strategic approach to task.
- Ability to work under pressure of time and urgent deadlines.
- Attention to detail and ability to work independently while managing multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan and monitor own work
- Strong communication skills both written and verbal.
- Bachelor's degree, some college coursework or equivalent experience preferred.
It is the continuing policy of the NAACP to take affirmative action to assure equal opportunity for all current and prospective employees without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, age, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, personal appearance, marital status, familial status, family responsibility, pregnancy or other pregnancy-related conditions, childbirth, disability, military/veteran status, citizenship status, religion or political affiliation, past convictions or incarceration, prior psychiatric treatment, or any other status protected by federal or state law, local ordinance or Executive Orders. The NAACP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To Apply: Resume, cover letter, and salary requirements should be sent to NAACP:
Email: email@example.com (preferred method)
Mail: NAACP – Human Resources, 4805 Mt. Hope Drive, Baltimore, MD 21215
Fax: (410) 580-5735