ELECTION DAY INFO
View state by state guides to find the proper id to bring and when the polls open and close.
- You have the right to select virtually anyone to assist you at the polls, if needed. (Except your employer or union agent)
- You have the right to cast a provisional ballot, at least. * never leave without casting at least a provisional ballot *
- If you are in line at the time the polls close, you are able to vote. #StayInLine
- If you are using a paper ballot and make an error, you are able to spoil that ballot and get a new one.
The NAACP and coalition partners will staff an election protection hotline (1-866-OUR-VOTE). Over 2,000 lawyers, law students, and paralegals are working to make the NAACP Election Day efforts a success.
Top 5 reasons to call voter protection:
- Polling Location either not open on time or closed early
- Polling Location Moved, no notice
- Voter Prevented From Voting–especially when in the correct precinct, having the correct ID
- Not allowed assistance or given assistance when required
- Intimidation or misinformation by polling officials