Contact: Malik Russell / email@example.com
BALTIMORE/ATLANTA (December 4, 2018)—The NAACP National and Georgia Civic Engagement Team will be available for interviews and commentary regarding the Georgia Special Election.
A key item in the special elections is the election of the Secretary of State to replace Robyn Crittenden, who was appointed to replace Governor-Elect Brian Kemp. The NAACP had called for the resignation of Kemp from Secretary of State due to the evident conflict of interest in the person being responsible for managing the integrity of the vote, running the highest office in the state. In his tenure as Secretary of State, Kemp had questionably removed over a million voters from the rolls. The NAACP is committed to fighting against issues of voter suppression as well as helping to mobilize Black voters to the polls.
* Phyllis Blake, President Georgia State Conference
* Richard Rose, President of NAACP Atlanta Branch
* Jamal Watkins, NAACP Vice President of Civic Engagement
* Sheila Isong, NAACP Director of Civic Engagement
* Gerald Griggs, Esq., NAACP Georgia State Conference Vice President
To arrange interviews please contact:
NAACP Communications Director Malik Russell – firstname.lastname@example.org